In an emergency, phone 111
If your report relates to a medical emergency, a life-threatening condition, or an illness you are experiencing that requires urgent medical assistance, phone 111 immediately.
Have you experienced an allergic reaction?
Complaints related to allergic reaction are important to us and we need to act quickly to prevent other consumers with allergies from experiencing similar issues.
Call us on 0800 00 83 33 and ask to speak to Food Compliance Services Group as soon as possible.
These 10 common food allergens must be listed on the food label if the food contains them, or if they were used when making the product:
- Cereals containing gluten, namely, wheat, rye, barley, oats and spelt
- Shellfish (crustacea and molluscs)
- Sesame seeds
- Tree nuts (almond, brazil nut, cashew, hazelnut, macadamia, pecan, pine nut, pistachio, walnut)
Additional ingredients that must be listed if present:
- Sulphites, if added at 10 (or more) milligrams per kilogram of food.
- Royal jelly, a bee product that can cause a severe allergic reaction. Food that contains royal jelly must contain a warning statement.
Statements such as "may contain traces of“ or “processed in the same facility as” are not required by law. Manufacturers can include this if a food might unintentionally contain allergens (for example, from cross-contact).