How to complain
In the first instance, we suggest you raise your concerns with the person you have been dealing with at MPI.
If the matter is not resolved, or you would like help making a formal complaint, you can contact our customer resolutions team. You can email, phone, or post a letter.
If you wish, you may nominate someone else to talk with us on your behalf. If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, we may need to ask for authorisation from them directly.
0800 00 83 33
(If calling from overseas, phone +64 4 830 1574)
Customer Resolutions Team
PO Box 2526
What to include in your complaint
Address your email or letter to the person or team you have been dealing with. If you don't know who that is, address it to the customer resolutions team.
To help us investigate your complaint, tell us:
- your full name and contact details
- in detail about the problem, incident, or decision at issue
- any additional information you think is important and relevant
- what you would like to see as a result of your complaint.
What to expect when you make a complaint
When you make a complaint, you can expect:
- an acknowledgement of your complaint within 2 working days
- a review of your concerns
- an update on the progress of our review within 7 working days.
We aim to complete our investigation within 7 days. Where this is not possible, we will keep you updated on our progress.
Asking for an independent review
If we are not able to resolve your concerns, you can ask the Ombudsman for an independent review. The Ombudsman will usually expect you to give MPI the opportunity to resolve your concerns before they will investigate.
If your complaint is about your privacy or personal information, you can contact the Privacy Commissioner for an independent review.