View the species codes
When to use fisheries species codes
Use these species codes for fisheries reporting and administration. This includes:
- applying for a fishing permit
- reporting fish catch
- reporting fishing effort
- recording fish landing or receipt.
If you cannot find a code
For unlisted species, you must:
- record the species as 'UNI'
- find the correct scientific name for the species
- report the name to Fisheries New Zealand.
Report species without a code by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
We'll confirm the details and create a new species code.