The Māori Agribusiness Pathway to Increased Productivity (MAPIP) programme can help you achieve your aspirations for improving the productivity of your primary sector assets. Our one-on-one approach is suitable if your whenua:
- has been leased out for a long time, but could return to owner management
- isn’t being used to its full potential
- could earn more money
- could be managed more sustainably.
Achieving your goals with MAPIP
The programme will help you access the knowledge and support you need. You might want to learn more about:
- transforming underutilised whenua
- overcoming challenges
- developing options to improve the use and management of your primary sector assets.
What you need to take part
There are a few things you will need to get involved. You should:
- have primary sector assets in collective ownership
- be ready to lead the development of your idea
- have a mandate or be able to get one
- have clear decision-making processes
- be committed to increasing the productivity of your assets.
The difference between MABx and MAPIP
The 2 programmes are different. The MABx programme encourages interested Māori landowners and agribusinesses to learn together. The MAPIP programme offers one-on-one help.
The MAPIP programme could be a better fit if you:
- wish to access expertise and support that is specific to your whenua
- want to forge your own path when exploring whenua development
- are at a different stage of development to other Māori landowners in the area or industry.
Who to contact
To find out more or have a kōrero with our regional kaimahi, email email@example.com