Forms and templates for importing petfood
Forms and templates you may need when importing pet food.
- Class Determination Request Guideline [PDF, 240 KB]
Use this form to request a determination of your product's status under the ACVM Act.
- Ante-mortem Examination Declaration - Petfood [DOCX, 200 KB]
This statement is made for the purposes of clause 8.3 of the Animal Products Notice Specifications for Products Intended for Animal Consumption.
- AP61 Further (Petfood) Processors Listing [DOCX, 195 KB]
Further (pet food) processors, whose operations fall within clause 7(5) of the Animal Products (Exemptions and Inclusions) Order 2000, must list with MPI.
Authority to move uncleared biosecurity risk goods for Animal Products, Biological Products, Biological Products (holding), Post-Entry Quarantine (Plants), Seed, Stored Products & Stock Feeds
- Farmed mammal supplier statement - Petfood [DOC, 227 KB]
- Landowner / Manager Poison Use Statement - Petfood [PDF, 232 KB]
Suppliers must complete this form for all farmed mammals intended for slaughter or killing for the provision of raw material for pet food.
- Permit to Import animal products [DOCX, 278 KB]
Expected processing time for this type of permit is 5–10 working days upon receipt of completed application. Please also allow at least 4-10 days for international postage. Permits to import that require a case-by-case risk assessment such as chicken jerky pet foods and processed composite products containing honey, pollen, or royal jelly will be subject to extra processing time of up to 20 working days.