New Zealand export statistics and trade data for ice cream and honey
Interested in how a product is performing? Check out our one-page export data fact sheets to find out.
Honey and bee products export data
- Honey exports for the 11 months to May 2020 exceeded forecasts to reach $382 million.
- The top honey export price in 2019 was $54 per kilo for monofloral mānuka.
- Monofloral mānuka honey holds a larger share in the global honey market.
- China imported the largest amount of retail packed honey (1,538 tonnes). The United Kingdom imported the largest amount of bulk drum honey (536 tonnes).
- Although China is the largest honey retail market, the United States, Germany, Japan, and France are the largest importers by value.
New Zealand honey exports [PDF, 2.6 MB]
Ice cream import and export trade data
- In the year ending 2018, the export value of New Zealand ice cream was $58.9 million.
- The retail value of the New Zealand ice cream market is expected to reach $533 million by 2024.
- China, Japan, Australia, Fiji, and Tonga are the key export markets.
- Take-home ice cream leads the category, but bulk ice cream enjoys the highest rate of growth (5% in 2018).
- Dairy-free ice cream is expected to have the highest growth in volume and price in the next 5 years but its share in the total market remains very small.
New Zealand ice cream trade [PDF, 920 KB]