2015 meeting of the Agricultural Inventory Advisory Panel
Information about the 2015 meeting of the Agricultural Inventory Advisory Panel – an independent group of experts who meet to assess proposed improvements to the Agriculture Greenhouse Gas Inventory.
One paper was presented to the panel for consideration – direct N2O emission factors from excreta for different hill country slopes (EF3).
The panel decided that while the methodology used in the paper was acceptable, more data would need to be collected before it could be implemented in the inventory.
2015 panel meeting minutes and recommendations
2015 summary papers and technical reports
Proposed methodology and emission factors for calculating N2O emissions from Excreta (EF3) on hill country
- Panel briefing paper [PDF, 258 KB]
- Giltrap et al. (2014) technical report [PDF, 1.3 MB]
- Saggar et al. (2015) Estimating direct N2O emissions from sheep, beef, and deer grazed pastures in New Zealand hill country [PDF, 2.1 MB] [PDF, 1.3 MB]
- Kelliher et al. (2014) Statistical analysis of nitrous oxide emission factors from pastoral agriculture field trials conducted in New Zealand [PDF, 385 KB]
- Approval form for change to inventory methodology [PDF, 194 KB]
- Review report on the Hill Country methodology – J Rowarth [PDF, 387 KB]
- Review report on the Hill Country methodology – R W Tillman [PDF, 636 KB]