What our fees cover
The Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) calculates fees on a cost-recovery basis. Activities and services we charge for include:
- registering as an exporter
- registering your premises
- unit fee charges for poultry exported
- Animal Welfare Export Certificate (AWEC)
- official assurances (export certificates)
- hourly rate and mileage charges for MPI employees.
Not all the fees on this page may apply to you and there could be other charges not listed here.
Registering as an exporter
|Activity type||Charge (excl GST)||Charge (incl GST)|
|Annual exporter registration fee||$135||$155.25|
|Application for approval of premises, like poultry hatcheries (when needed to meet export requirements)||$135||$155.25|
Unit fee charges
The live animal export system requires constant review and maintenance to ensure that the certification issued for the export of live animals, including poultry, is accepted by the importing country. The unit fee helps you to continue to export smoothly.
For poultry, day-old chicks and hatching eggs, a unit is usually a chick or an egg.
|Charge per chick or egg||Charge (excl GST)||Charge (incl GST)|
|Day-old chicks or hatching eggs (only poultry and ducklings), for each chick or egg||$0.02, with a maximum charge of $600 for each consignment||$0.02, with a maximum charge of $690 for each consignment|
Hourly rate charges
You'll be charged the hourly rate for MPI employees working on specialist activities on your behalf. These services include:
- specialist functions and activities needed to export live poultry, hatching eggs and day-old chicks
- negotiating alternative measures for meeting access requirements with importing countries
- negotiating new access requirements for overseas markets.
|Charge type||Charge (excl GST)||Charge (incl GST)|
|MPI employee – hourly rate (except final part hour)||$186.30, with a minimum charge of $93.15||$214.25, with a minimum charge of $107.12|
|MPI employee – charge for each 15-minute block in a part hour||$46.58||$53.56|