Aquaculture applications and decisions
Aquaculture applications currently being assessed and recent aquaculture decisions made by Fisheries New Zealand.
About the applications and decisions on this page
This page is in 2 sections:
- recent aquaculture decisions
- aquaculture applications currently being assessed by us.
Recent aquaculture decisions
Following the UAE test, you can view the final aquaculture decision below.
Copies of aquaculture decision papers not listed are available on request. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Matatoko Point, Admiralty Bay (U190830) Waikawa Bay, Current Basin (U200419) [PDF, 983 KB]
- Aquaculture decision report: Sanford ltd, coastal permit ES20211003, Big Glory Bay, Steward Island [PDF, 932 KB]
- RM17-0448 Aquaculture decision report: Whakatōhea Māori Trust Board, Bay of Plenty [PDF, 1.2 MB]
- U200789 and U200981 Aquaculture decision report: 2 sites in Squally cove, Crosilles Harbour [PDF, 1014 KB]
- U200267 and U200366 Aquaculture decision paper 2 sites in Fitzroy Bay [PDF, 872 KB]
- AUT.007326.02.04 Aquaculture decision report Te Aupōuri commercial development Ltd, Houhora Bay, Northland [PDF, 865 KB]
- U200435 Aquaculture decision report: Clearwater mussels Ltd, Otanerua Bay, East Bay, Queen Charlotte Sound/Tōtaranui - Decision paper [PDF, 1 MB]
- U200615 Aquaculture decision paper report KPF Investments Ltd, Horseshoe Bay, Pelorus sound [PDF, 928 KB]
- U201000 & U200968 Aquaculture decision report 2 coastal permits in Pelorus sound [PDF, 1 MB]
- U200391, U200533 and U200534 Decision paper on 3 sites in Port Ligar [PDF, 1.4 MB]
- U200583 U200599 Aquaculture decision on 2 sites in Kenepuru sound [PDF, 1.1 MB]
- U200269 U200384 2 sites in Port Underwood [PDF, 1.1 MB]
- Aquaculture decision report: Ponui aquaculture Ltd, coastal permit [PDF, 1.3 MB]
Current aquaculture applications
Copies of coastal permit applications and council decision documents should be requested from the relevant council who processed the resource consent. If MPI is consulting as part of the UAE, the council document will be available here.
You can view applications we are assessing, as well as existing marine farms, on NABIS.