Suspending your WSMP
You may voluntarily suspend operations under your WSMP for a period of 3 to 12 months.
If voluntarily suspending your WSMP, you must notify MPI by using form WA12, which asks for:
- the date the suspension starts
- the date the suspension ends
- what operations are suspended
- how you will deal with any affected wine or wine product.
You can send it to the address on the form or email it to email@example.com
Notification form WA12: Minor update to a WSMP [PDF, 368 KB]
Surrendering your registration
If you cease to operate as a wine business, within 20 days, you (or if applicable the liquidator or receiver) must:
- notify MPI – either by using form WA12 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- surrender your registration documentation issued by MPI to the address on form WA12
- notify your verifier.
You will also need to explain how you will deal with any remaining wine made under the WSMP.
Who to contact
If you have questions about suspending or surrendering a WSMP, email email@example.com