2017 Agricultural Inventory Advisory Panel meeting
Information about the 2017 meeting of the Agricultural Inventory Advisory Panel – an independent group of experts who meet to assess proposed improvements to the Agriculture Greenhouse Gas Inventory.
Two papers were presented to the panel for consideration:
- Improvements and corrections to inventory model.
- Nitrogen retained in wool
- Improvements and corrections to population models
- Improving the methodology used to estimate the areas of barley, oat and wheat crops burned
- Correction of negative nitrogen excreta values.
The panel requested that MPI and AgResearch investigate the correction made to the 'nitrogen retained in wool' calculations in the inventory.
The panel recommended that the new method proposed for calculating the area of barley, oat and wheat crop residues burned be adopted and used in the inventory.
The panel requested that MPI provide documentation on why negative nitrogen excreta values occur for a small (and insignificant) component of the inventory.
2017 panel meeting minutes and recommendations
2017 summary papers and technical reports
Improvements and corrections to inventory model
- Panel briefing paper [PDF, 349 KB]
Correction of negative nitrogen excreta values
- Panel briefing paper [PDF, 149 KB]
We're making improvements to our feedback form and it's temporarily unavailable.
For urgent problems, call 0800 00 83 33 (NZ only)