MPI staff inspect close to 50,000 import consignments a year and about 20% of them fail our biosecurity requirements. Border clearance is vital to protecting New Zealand's environment and primary industries from unwanted pests and diseases.
Prohibited and restricted items
Find out more about prohibited and restricted items on the New Zealand Customs website.
- Places of first arrival
- Transitional and containment facilities
- Facility types
- Finding a facility
- Steps to get a sea or air container facility approved
- Steps to get a transitional or containment facility approved
- Responsibilities of approved facilities
- Accredited persons
- Find treatment options and suppliers
- Facility operators
- Forms & templates
- Registers & lists
- Fees & charges