We welcome overseas interest in any of our career opportunities. However, if you are living overseas and want to work in New Zealand, you must meet one of these criteria:
- be a New Zealand citizen or hold a New Zealand residence permit
- be an Australian citizen or an Australian resident who holds a current Australian Resident Return Visa
- have lawful authority to work in New Zealand, which includes a Work Permit with conditions that allow the holder to work in the position applied for
- have a variation of condition to a Visitor or Student Permit that allows such work.
MPI is unable to provide specific assistance in obtaining your permanent residency or work visa. You will be responsible for independently applying for and obtaining the relevant visa and this will be a condition of your employment.
Visitors in New Zealand on a Working Holiday Scheme Permit are not permitted to take up permanent employment.
MPI is an accredited employer under the 'Talent' Work to Residence Visa process.
Find out more
Immigration and tax requirements
- Immigration New Zealand website for information about visas and residency
- Inland Revenue website for information about tax
Living and working in New Zealand
If you are a veterinarian you can register your interest to work here online or read more about roles at MPI.