Watch our video (1.58)
In this video, you’ll hear some of the reasons our staff love working for MPI.
They might be reasons you’ll love working for us too.
Transcript - show/hide
Narrator: “At MPI we’re proud of the work our passionate and dedicated people do to provide prosperity and sustainability and help protect Aotearoa. But how do we protect our people and help them prosper?
Let’s look at just some of the reasons our staff love working for MPI. They might be reasons you’ll love working for us too.
Our people love that they can prosper.
There’s a real depth and breadth of work here at MPI. You could write policy, analyse samples in a lab, protect our borders, or get out on the water ensuring the sustainability of our kaimoana.
Our career pathways let you know where your job can take you at MPI. And our focused investment in developing real people (as well as all the technical stuff) can help you get there.
Our people love they can spread their wings.
Many jobs at MPI give you a chance to represent MPI regionally and internationally.
Our people love that they get a balance.
We’ll never tell you to “get a life” at MPI because we know you’ve already got one. That’s why we embrace flexible working – when, how and where you work. Flexible working is for everyone.
MPI people are able to claim a wellness payment every year to protect their wellbeing. And if life changes, MPI is ready to help out … That’s why during parental leave you’ll still get a pay review, your annual leave keeps adding up, and when you return to work, there’s an extra payment waiting for you.
Our people love that they are respected and protected.
Inclusion and diversity are important to MPI. It means happy, valued, connected people, and it means we get the job done in the right way. There are networks within MPI to give support and a voice to our staff, so our people feel free to bring their whole selves to MPI.
So why not bring your whole self to MPI?
We’ll help make a difference in your life while you help make a difference for the rest of Aotearoa.”
[End of video and transcript]
Reasons to love working at MPI
Show/hide information on this poster:
This green and blue coloured infographic poster is headed “Reasons our people love working at MPI”. Some cartoon-like characters of people are shown at the top – a group of 4 men and 4 women. Next to each main text heading are other characters – a woman with a scarf carrying a briefcase, a woman sitting behind a computer desk, a pregnant woman, a woman in a wheelchair, and 2 women talking.
The poster has 5 main headings. Under each heading is a bullet list of items with further information to support the main heading. The headings and bullet lists are:
They love that they can prosper [and we have the following programmes available to help them do that]:
- Waharoa Ki Te Manatū Ahu Matua – Gateway to MPI: our induction programme
- Leadership development
- Emotional agility workshops
- Cultural capability development
- MPI Awards programme
- Practicing fees covered when needed for a role (see your collective or individual employment agreement)
They love that we help them protect their wellbeing [through]:
- An annual wellness payment
- Provisions for eye care
- A free annual flu vaccination
- Access to group healthcare schemes
- Access to free professional confidential counselling
They love that they get a balance [through access to]:
- MPI Holidays – additional leave days (see your collective or individual employment agreement)
- Ability to purchase extra annual leave
- Flexible work options by default
- Full value of annual leave accrued during parental leave
- Ex-gratia payment upon return from parental leave
They love that they can spread their wings [through]:
- Career Pathways
- Mentoring programmes
- Coaching programmes
- Study leave (up to 4 hours per week/paper)
- Examination leave and funding
They love that they are respected and protected [through employee networks]:
- Employee network groups give a voice to staff: Te Tauaki Puāwai, Women’s Network, Primary Pride, MPI/Customs Asian Network, Primary Pasifika, Accessibility and Wellbeing Network.