MPI ministers and their portfolios
The Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) reports to 4 ministers across 7 portfolios:
- Hon David Parker – Minister for Oceans and Fisheries
- Hon Damien O'Connor – Minister of Agriculture, Biosecurity, and Rural Communities
- Hon Stuart Nash – Minister of Forestry
- Hon Meka Whaitiri – Minister for Food Safety, Associate Minister of Agriculture (Animal Welfare)
Minister for Oceans and Fisheries
In the 2020 Labour Government, David Parker was also appointed as:
- Minister for the Environment
- Minister of Revenue
- Associate Minister of Finance.
Parliamentary Under-Secretary to the Minister for Oceans and Fisheries
Minister of Agriculture, for Biosecurity, and for Rural Communities
In the 2020 Labour Government, Damien O’Connor was also appointed as:
- Minister for Trade and Export Growth
- Minister for Land Information.
Minister of Forestry
In the 2020 Labour Government, Stuart Nash was also given a suite of portfolios focused on supporting economic activity in our regions:
- Minister for Economic and Regional Development
- Tourism Minister
- Minister for Small Business.
Minister for Food Safety, Associate Minister of Agriculture (Animal Welfare)
Meka Whaitiri is also:
- Minister of Customs
- Minister for Veterans
- Associate Minister of Statistics.