Forestry Ministerial Advisory Group
Find out about the group, its activities, and members.
Working together to develop the sector
The Forestry Ministerial Advisory Group was set up by the Government in May 2018. The independent group considers and provides advice on a range of forestry topics. Its focus is on how Government and industry can work together to develop the sector and deliver on key initiatives like the One Billion Trees programme.
Aims and activities of the group
The advisory group will meet 4 times a year to receive briefings from government officials, experts, and industry stakeholders. It will give advice to:
- the Minister of Forestry
- the Associate Minister of Forestry
- Te Uru Rākau (Forestry New Zealand).
Find out more
- Strategic Rationale for a Bio-Pilot Plant Hub for New Zealand [PDF, 1.7 MB]
- Processing options to increase the use of post-harvest residues on the East Coast (February 2019) [PDF, 2.7 MB]
- The group's terms of reference [PDF, 319 KB]
- The group's strategic themes [PDF, 649 KB]
- Meeting agenda 6 June 2019 [PDF, 493 KB]
- Meeting agenda 14 February 2019 [PDF, 38 KB]
- Meeting agenda 12 December 2018 [PDF, 20 KB]
- Meeting agenda 12 November 2018 [PDF, 645 KB]
- Meeting agenda 27 September 2018 [PDF, 107 KB]
- Meeting agenda 30 July 2018 [PDF, 304 KB]
- Meeting agenda 18 June 2018 [PDF, 141 KB]
Advisory group members
The advisory group has 9 members and a chair. Te Uru Rākau staff provide administrative support.
Group chair is Dr Warren Parker, who also chairs the New Zealand Conservation Authority and is the former chief executive of Scion. Other members are:
- James Palmer, Hawke's Bay Regional Council chief executive
- David Rhodes, Forest Owners Association chief executive
- Robert Green, Timberlands chief executive
- Gina Solomon, Queen Elizabeth II National Trust director
- Henare Walker, Summit Forests New Zealand general manager
- Bryan Stanley, chairman of WoodCo and the Wood Processors and Manufacturers Association
- Fiona Kingsford, Competenz chief executive
- Neil Cullen, Farm Forestry Association president.
Find out more about the group's members [DOCX, 14 KB]
Who to contact
If you have questions about the group, email firstname.lastname@example.org
We're making improvements to our feedback form and it's temporarily unavailable.
For urgent problems, call 0800 00 83 33 (NZ only)