Helping farmers and growers navigate requirements
We’re aware farming is a complex and ever-changing business. Our On Farm Support team will work with farmers and growers in the regions.
The service will continue to build on the existing public and private advisory services sector. The On Farm Support team will increase support for farmers and growers and help build on sustainability practices.
We’ll help navigate requirements around climate, water, and the environment. We’ll then provide information and connect farmers and growers to:
- extension services
- learning and funding opportunities
- information and support
- resources and tools.
The service is free.
Find out more about On Farm Support [PDF, 1.3 MB]
What our On Farm Support team will offer
On Farm Support is focused on supporting farmers and growers to take an integrated approach to farm planning, tackling environmental challenges, adapting to change, and connecting farmers and growers to existing services.
Farm planning support
- Access to integrated farm planning, support, and advice.
- Assistance with preparing and responding for adverse events.
- Help with improving on farm biosecurity resilience.
- Help with how best to integrate riparian and tree planting.
- Links to locally run catchment groups and expertise.
Connections to existing resources and expertise in the public and private sector, and industry organisations
Ongoing support and funding
Connections to funding and support opportunities including:
Innovation and tools
Access to tools and resources to help you run your business and reduce emissions including:
A grounded reality
We want to better understand the issues, opportunities, and challenges faced by farmers and growers. We’ll bring these insights back into MPI to help inform operations
How to access the service
To get in contact:
- freephone 0800 00 83 33
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
Teams with local knowledge and expertise will be in 4 regions from August 2022. The 4 regions are a starting point. We aim to be nationwide by March 2023.
The first 4 regions we'll be based in are:
- Te Tai Tokerau/Northland: email email@example.com
- Taranaki: email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Te Tai Ihu/Top of the South Island: email email@example.com
- Murihiku/Southland: email firstname.lastname@example.org
Integrated farm planning is a national farm planning framework to help farmers and growers meet business and regulatory requirements.
Māori agribusiness supports whenua Māori owners and agribusinesses to achieve their goals.