SUMMER UPDATE 2023/24
Helping farmers and growers navigate requirements
We’re aware farming is a complex and ever-changing business. Our On Farm Support team works with farmers and growers in the regions.
The service continues to build on the existing public and private advisory services sector.
The On Farm Support team increases support for farmers and growers and help build on sustainability practices.
We can help navigate requirements around climate, water, and the environment. We’ll then provide information and connect farmers and growers to:
- extension services
- learning and funding opportunities
- information and support
- resources and tools.
The service is free.
What our On Farm Support team offers
On Farm Support is focused on supporting farmers and growers to take an integrated approach to farm planning, tackling environmental challenges, adapting to change, and connecting farmers and growers to existing services.
Farm planning support
- Access to integrated farm planning, support, and advice.
- Assistance with preparing and responding for adverse events.
- Help with improving on farm biosecurity resilience.
- Help with how best to integrate riparian and tree planting.
- Links to locally run catchment groups and expertise.
Connections to existing resources and expertise in the public and private sector, and industry organisations
Ongoing support and funding
Connections to funding and support opportunities including:
Innovation and tools
Access to tools and resources to help you run your business and reduce emissions including:
- [PDF, 1.1 MB]
A grounded reality
We want to better understand the issues, opportunities, and challenges faced by farmers and growers. We’ll bring these insights back into MPI to help inform operations
How to access the service
To get in contact:
- freephone 0800 70 71 33
- email email@example.com
Teams with local knowledge and expertise operate across 10 regions:
- Te Tai Tokerau/Northland: email NorthlandOFS@mpi.govt.nz
- Waikato: email WaikatoOFS@mpi.govt.nz
- Te Moana-a-Toi/Bay of Plenty: email BayofPlentyOFS@mpi.govt.nz
- Taranaki: email TaranakiOFS@mpi.govt.nz
- Te Matau-a-Maui/Hawke’s Bay and Te Tai Rawhiti: email HawkesBayTairawhitiOFS@mpi.govt.nz
- Lower North Island: email LowerNIOFS@mpi.govt.nz
- Te Tau Ihu/Top of the South Island and Te Tai Poutini/West Coast: email NelsonWCMarlbOFS@mpi.govt.nz
- Waitaha/Canterbury: email CanterburyOFS@mpi.govt.nz
- Otakou/Otago: email OtagoOFS@mpi.govt.nz
- Murihiku/Southland: email SouthlandOFS@mpi.govt.nz
Integrated farm planning is a national farm planning framework to help farmers and growers meet business and regulatory requirements.
Māori agribusiness supports whenua Māori owners and agribusinesses to achieve their goals.
New On Farm Support science scholarships will help build capacity and capability, particularly where there are skills and advisory gaps.