Select a food category.
- Fish and seafood
- Dairy and egg products
- Fruit, vegetable, and fungi products
- Nuts, seeds, legumes, and beans
- Baked goods, confectionery, and snacks
- Honey, herbs, and spices
- Meals and ingredients
- Food for animals
- Tea, coffee, cocoa, and other drinks
- Ginseng, bamboo, and bird's nests
Update – 19 July 2021
Proposed new import health standard (IHS) for personal consignments of products for human consumption and personal effects
From 19 July 2021 to 31 August 2021, MPI would like your feedback on the proposed new IHS for personal consignments of products for human consumption and personal effects.
The new requirements will consolidate existing standards and state on-arrival procedures. It will also clarify for passengers what and how much food products they can bring to New Zealand.