What is a custom FCP?
A FCP is a comprehensive plan for managing food safety. You will need to:
- develop your plan or download it from My Food Rules
- have it evaluated (if required)
- register it with MPI, and renew your registration each year
- get checked by a verifier (auditor)
- follow your plan to make safe food.
Use the My Food Rules tool to find out if your business needs to follow a FCP. You will get a customised plan at the end of the tool which will outline the requirements and the next steps that you need to follow for you and your business under the Food Act.
Types of custom FCPs
New Zealand Food Safety provides the following custom FCPs:
- My Food Plan. Available only through the online My Food Rules tool. It is a combination of pre-evaluated Simply Safe & Suitable, Food Safety Template for Winemakers, and National Programme 1 that a business can use. My Food Plan has already been evaluated, which saves you time and money.
- Standard custom FCP. This is a plan you develop to suit your business. In the plan, you need to identify the food safety risks involved in what you do, and show how you will manage these. The plan will need to be evaluated.
You can attach these cards to your My Food Plan or your standard custom FCP:
The information has been pre-evaluated and doesn’t require further evaluation.
Making a change to your custom FCP
Find out what to do if you make changes your food business, My Food Plan, or a standard custom food control plan FCP.
Who to contact
If you have questions about FCPs, email email@example.com