Who needs a custom food control plan?
If you manufacture high-risk food which you sell to other businesses, you need to create a custom food control plan (FCP). This includes manufacturers of:
- meals and prepared food
- food for vulnerable people – such as infants or the elderly
- meat, poultry, or fish products
- dairy products
- commercially sterilised food products
- vegetable protein and other protein products
- ready-to-eat salads
- non-shelf-stable sauces, spreads, dips, soups, gravies, or dressings
- processed egg products
- wholesale baked goods (when more than just bread is made).
A detailed list of high-risk foods can be found in the hazard database in step 1.
Some food businesses can choose the type of plan
If you are a food service business (like a restaurant, café, or bar) or a retailer (like a supermarket, deli, or butcher) you can either use a template FCP or develop your own custom plan.
Find out about template food control plans