Reporting for wine standards management plan verification
Persons and agencies recognised to verify Wine Standards Management Plans (WSMPs) must report to MPI. You may use these templates.
Persons recognised to verify Wine Standards Management Plans (WSMPs)
Verifiers have two main reporting responsibilities following a verification visit:
- completing the verification report and return
- reporting any critical non-compliance.
Reports for verifying WSMPs
Verifiers complete verification reports using a template provided by MPI. The first page must be completed. The remaining pages in the template are a guide only. Verifiers can develop their own reporting template, as long as it covers Wine Act and any relevant export requirements.
WSMP verification – return and report (grape wine) [DOCX, 224 KB]
The report must clearly state:
- the outcome of the verification visit – whether it is acceptable or unacceptable
- any non-compliances and corrective action requests (CARs), including agreed close-out dates for these.
Reporting to the wine business
Within 5 working days of the verification visit, the verifier:
- sends the report to the Wine Standards Management Plan (WSMP) operator
- provides a copy for the recognised agency.
Reporting to MPI
In addition, the verifier must send the first page of the template to MPI. The report provides a compliance history and documentation demonstrating the wine was made under a registered WSMP. This information is necessary if the operator wants to export wine now or in the future.
As a condition of recognition or by issue of Notices under section 11 of the Wine Act, some verifiers must provide verification reports to MPI. MPI advises verifiers when they have met these conditions of recognition.
Reporting critical non-compliance with WSMP
If a critical non-compliance is identified during verification, verifiers must report it to MPI within 24 hours.
Verifiers and agencies can develop their own critical non-compliance report or use the template provided by MPI.
Wine critical/export non-compliance – notification [DOCX, 84 KB]
Wine CNC/ENC – notification guidance [PDF, 237 KB]
Agencies recognised to verify WSMPs: quarterly reporting
Recognised agencies must send a summary of their wine verification activities to MPI every quarter.
The dates for submitting quarterly reports are:
- Quarter 1 – last Friday in April (for verifications between January and March)
- Quarter 2 – last Friday in July (for verifications between April and June)
- Quarter 3 – last Friday in October (for verifications between July and September)
- Quarter 4 – last Friday in January (for verifications between October and December)
WSMP verification – agency quarterly report [DOCX, 126 KB]
Reports can be sent to MPI by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Reporting no WSMP - verifying activity
If you have not completed any verifications for the quarterly reporting period, inform MPI by completing the appropriate section of the quarterly reporting template and email to email@example.com