Reporting for wine standards management plan verification
Persons and agencies recognised to verify wine standards management plans (WSMPs) must report to MPI. Find out what to do and the templates you can use.
Reporting after a wine verification visit
After a verification visit, verifiers need to:
- complete and return the verification report
- report any critical non-compliance.
WSMP verification reporting
MPI has a template for wine standards management plan (WSMP) verifiers to use. The first page of the template must be completed and returned to MPI. The remaining pages are optional or may serve as a guide. Verifiers can develop their own reporting template. It must cover the Wine Act 2003 and any relevant export requirements.
WSMP verification – return and report (grape wine) [DOCX, 224 KB]
The report must clearly state:
- the outcome of the verification visit – whether it is acceptable or unacceptable
- any non-compliances and corrective action requests, including agreed close-out dates for these.
Reporting to the wine business
Within 5 working days of the verification visit, the verifier:
- sends a report to the WSMP operator
- provides a copy for the recognised agency.
Reporting to MPI
The verifier must send the first page of the completed report to MPI. The report provides:
- the outcome of the verification
- the date of the verification visit
- the verification frequency.
Some verifiers must provide verification reports to MPI:
- as a condition of recognition, or
- as a condition under section 11 of the Wine Act 2003.
MPI advises verifiers when they have met these conditions of recognition.
Reporting critical non-compliance with a WSMP
If a critical non-compliance is identified during verification, verifiers must report it to MPI within 24 hours.
Verifiers and agencies can develop their own critical non-compliance report or use the template provided by MPI.
Find out more
Wine CNC/ENC – notification guidance [PDF, 237 KB]
Wine critical/export non-compliance – notification [DOCX, 84 KB]
Agencies recognised to verify WSMPs: quarterly reporting
Recognised agencies must send a summary of their wine verification activities to MPI every quarter. This must include any event where the operator fails to undertake a corrective action request within the agreed period of time.
The dates for submitting quarterly reports are:
- Quarter 1 – last Friday in April (for verifications between January and March)
- Quarter 2 – last Friday in July (for verifications between April and June)
- Quarter 3 – last Friday in October (for verifications between July and September)
- Quarter 4 – last Friday in January (for verifications between October and December)
WSMP verification – agency quarterly report [DOCX, 126 KB]
To send your reports to MPI, email email@example.com
Reporting no WSMP-verifying activity
If you have not completed any verifications for the quarterly reporting period, you need to tell MPI.
- Complete the appropriate section of the quarterly reporting template.
- Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who to contact
If you have questions about reporting for WSMP verification, email email@example.com