Reporting after a wine verification visit
After a verification visit, verifiers need to:
- complete and return the verification report
- report any critical non-compliance
- agree on corrective action and time frame for completion with the WSMP operator.
WSMP verification reporting template
The Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) has a template for wine standards management plan (WSMP) verifiers to use. The first page of the template must be completed and returned to MPI. The remaining pages are optional or may serve as a guide. Verifiers can develop their own reporting template. It must cover the Wine Act 2003 and any relevant export requirements.
WSMP verification – return and report (grape wine)
The report must clearly state:
- the outcome of the verification visit – whether it is acceptable or unacceptable
- any non-compliances and corrective action requests, including agreed dates for when these must be completed.
Reporting to the wine business and MPI
Within 5 working days of the completion of the verification visit, the verifier:
- sends a report to the WSMP operator
- provides a copy to MPI.
Reporting critical non-compliance with a WSMP
If a critical non-compliance is identified during verification, verifiers must report it to MPI within 24 hours.
Verifiers and agencies can develop their own critical non-compliance report or use the template provided by MPI.
Find out more
Critical and export non-compliance of wine
Wine CNC/ENC – notification guidance [PDF, 156 KB]
Wine critical/export non-compliance – notification [DOCX, 81 KB]
Agencies recognised to verify WSMPs: quarterly reporting
Recognised agencies must send a summary of their wine verification activities to MPI every quarter (even if there are none). This must include any event where the operator fails to undertake a corrective action request within the agreed period of time.
The dates for submitting quarterly reports are:
- Quarter 1 – last Friday in April (for verifications between January and March)
- Quarter 2 – last Friday in July (for verifications between April and June)
- Quarter 3 – last Friday in October (for verifications between July and September)
- Quarter 4 – last Friday in January (for verifications between October and December)
WSMP verification – agency quarterly report [DOCX, 86 KB]
To send your reports to MPI, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Who to contact
If you have questions about reporting for WSMP verification, email email@example.com