On this page:
- Imports that must meet BMSB management measures
- Alignment of BMSB management between New Zealand and Australia
- How to prevent stink bugs from getting to NZ
- How we ensure measures are working
- Resources for the BMSB risk season
- Find out about BMSB
- Who to contact
Imports that must meet BMSB management measures
The BMSB management measures apply to:
- new and used target vehicles, machinery, and parts exported from BMSB-risk countries during the BMSB-risk season
- sea containers exported from Italy during the BMSB-risk season.
Details of requirements
Refer to the relevant web page for details of the measures. This includes the risk countries, when the measures apply, and the types of cargo affected.
Alignment of BMSB management between New Zealand and Australia
MPI (the Ministry for Primary Industries) in New Zealand and DAWE (the Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment) in Australia have aligned the measures for BMSB management as much as possible. The main areas of alignment are risk countries, treatments, and the approved treatment providers who can carry out BMSB treatment before targeted goods arrive in New Zealand or Australia.
Importers, exporters, and agents involved with importing goods into New Zealand and Australia must understand the requirements for each country to ensure compliance. There are some differences you should be aware of, especially around the targeting of commodity types.