Plant Exports Certification Standards
Certification standard for MPI-approved organisations
If your organisation wants to become an MPI-Approved Organisation (MAO) then you must meet the requirements of the MPI Certification Standard: Organisation Requirements.
If you have any questions, contact your independent verification agency (IVA) or email email@example.com
Plant export certification standards
Click the '+' next to the standard to view related documents.
This standard is one of a set of standards that comprise the Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) export phytosanitary certification system.
This MPI standard sets out the requirements which must be met by an independent third party Supplier of plant pest identification services, to achieve and maintain recognition status provided by the Director. The obtaining of this status permits the holder to provide plant pest identifications of pests found in New Zealand grown produce where MPI export certification is required.
This standard specifies the requirements and format for the preparation of lists of pests associated with commodities (plants and plant products) intended for export.
This standard is one of a set of standards that comprise the MPI New Zealand export Certification System. This Standard specifies the Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI's) minimum technical requirements for the provision of seed varietal certification of seed for sowing.
Treatment Suppliers Programme - This standard sets out requirements that treatment suppliers seeking approval to operate under a quality management system and a programme of surveillance without direct IVA supervision for all treatments must follow.
- Framework Standard - What has changed? [PDF, 301 KB]
- IVA Standard - What has changed? [PDF, 327 KB]
- Appendix 1: Application for Approval as an MAO [PDF, 125 KB]
- Appendix 2: Template contract for approval of an organisation [PDF, 262 KB]
- Organisation Requirements Standard - What has changed? [PDF, 328 KB]
- Audit Standard - What has changed? [PDF, 274 KB]
- Pest Freedom Survey Standard - What has changed? [PDF, 277 KB]
- Phytosanitary Inspection Standard - What has changed? [PDF, 279 KB]
United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE) Standard FFV-50 concerning the marketing and commercial quality control of apples