Plant Pest Information Network
The Plant Pest Information Network (PPIN) is a national database for the collection, management, and dissemination of plant pest surveillance information.
The Plant Pest Information Network (PPIN) is a national database that contains plant pests found in New Zealand during MPI’s surveillance activities and those reported by scientists. PPIN doesn’t include pests found during border inspections or in quarantine.
- Not all organisms present in New Zealand are recorded in PPIN
- Not all organisms that have been detected and subsequently eradicated are recorded.
- Not all known hosts and locations for an organism are recorded.
- Some records (e.g. historical records) have not been validated.
- Name changes and synonyms must be considered when searching the database.
PPIN is maintained by MPI’s Plant Health and Environment Laboratory (PHEL).
We're making improvements to our feedback form and it's temporarily unavailable.
For urgent problems, call 0800 00 83 33 (NZ only)