Processing covers all manufacturing steps turning raw ingredients into finished products. MPI's role is to help processors meet all requirements and standards – from preparation to packaging.
You've come to a section of our new website that's not quite ready. In the meantime, you'll find information about the following topics on our existing websites by clicking the links below.
- Food service
- Manufacturers of food and beverage
- Food sector general requirements and programmes
- Food sector specific requirements
- Updated fees & charges
New plan to eradicate bovine TB
Bovine TB (tuberculosis) affects cattle and deer and is carried by wildlife, mainly possums. For many years, bovine TB has been under a national pest management plan funded by government and the affected industries. A new plan, announced in July 2016, has been developed to move away from containing the disease to active eradication.
Find out more
- Information for farmers – TBfree website
- Information for processors – TBfree website
- About the plan – Ospri website