Authorisation to use ACVMs
If your organisation regularly researches, tests, or teaches with ACVMs, you can get authorisation through either:
- approval of an operating plan (a document that describes the types of activities that you'll be carrying out, and how you'll control them), or
- individual authorisations for every ACVM product you use.
Your organisation may need an approved operating plan for ACVMs if:
- you are using ACVMs under the regulatory exemption for research, testing, or teaching
- non-veterinarians in your organisation use, buy or dispense veterinary medicines.
Guideline: Operating plan for agricultural compounds used in RTT [PDF, 157 KB]
Get an operating plan approved
A template is available to help you develop your operating plan.
Send your operating plan and a completed application form to the address on the form for MPI approval.
- Download an application form [DOCX, 334 KB]
Tell us if anything goes wrong
Let us know if you have an adverse event when using an agricultural compound such as:
- side effects
- animal safety issues
- not working
- interaction with other products.