This export process is for feed ingredients and feed that is manufactured for animal consumption (like grains, sheep pellets, or animal dietary supplements).
To export animal feed products successfully you need to know about:
- registering as an exporter with MPI
- the legislation relating to your type of business
- all of the requirements of your destination country
- risk management programmes (RMPs)
- registering for access to E-cert, MPI's online certification system
- border clearance requirements
- relevant fees and charges.
You may also have to meet other requirements. These might be commercial requirements, or requirements set by other government agencies like the New Zealand Customs Service. It will also pay to check the requirements for your destination country with the importing agent.
Related export processes
Processes for exporting products related to animal feeds are set out elsewhere on this website. Follow these steps if you're exporting: