AVOID FURTHER DELAYS FROM PORT CONGESTION
Ensure you have a clean hull before your vessel leaves for New Zealand
A clean hull may reduce any additional biosecurity-related costs and delays, should unforeseen itinerary disruptions occur.
- Get ahead of your biofouling: organise an underwater inspection and act on all biofouling found.
- Ensure that your most recent underwater inspection or underwater cleaning report is supplied to MPI.
- Ensure that all other relevant paperwork is supplied to MPI.
- Let MPI know as soon as a delay becomes likely.
- Reach out to MPI prior to departure for New Zealand if you are unsure of whether to carry out biofouling management, or to seek further advice.
Following these 5 steps improves the likelihood of MPI granting a request to extend your itinerary.
Port congestion: Vessel delays – suggested steps to take before coming to New Zealand [PDF, 366 KB]
If you have any questions, email: