Cabinet papers and related documents
Cabinet and Cabinet Committee papers and minutes released by the Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI). Releases may include additional documents relating to the Cabinet paper. Information within the documents may have been redacted with consideration of the Official Information Act 1982.
Find papers, minutes, and other documents
- Hector’s and Māui Dolphin Threat Management Plan Advice on options and next steps - 18 October 2019 – Briefing (B19-0533) [PDF, 1869 KB]
- Hector’s and Māui Dolphin Threat Management Plan Advice on options and next steps - 18 October 2019 - Appendices – Briefing (B19-0533) [PDF, 25012 KB]
- NZIER - Dolphin protection - Economic costs of restrictions on commercial fishing to reduce risks to Māui and Hector's dolphins - August 2019 [PDF, 4407 KB]
- NZIER - Hector's and Māui Dolphin Threat Management Plan - November 2019 [PDF, 8440 KB]
- Border Clearance Levy: Release of Consultation Document – Cabinet Economic Growth and Infrastructure Committee minute (EGI Min (15) 11/4) [PDF, 242 KB]
- Introducing a Biosecurity and Customs Passenger Levy – Cabinet Business Committee minute (CBC Min (15) 1/2) [PDF, 476 KB]
- Border Clearance Levy: Release of Consultation Document – Cabinet paper [PDF, 2339 KB]
- Implementation of the Border Clearance Levy – Cabinet paper [PDF, 2280 KB]
Cabinet Business Committee CBC (15) 8:
Cabinet Business Committee paper introducing a Biosecurity and Customs Passenger Levy.
Sub 16-0078 Redacted Cabinet paper
Cabinet paper seeks cabinet's permission to release a discussion document on the review of the Dairy Industry Restructuring Act 2001 (the DIRA) and its impact on the dairy industry.
- Review of the Dairy Industry Restructuring Act 2001 and Impacts on the Dairy Industry – Cabinet minute (CAB-19-MIN-0264.01) [PDF, 722 KB]
- Modifying Fonterra’s obligations under the Dairy Industry Restructuring Act 2001 (DIRA) regulatory regime – Regulatory Impact Statement [PDF, 7568 KB]
- Review of the Dairy Industry Restructuring Act 2001 and Impacts on the Dairy Industry – Cabinet Economic Development Committee minute (DEV-19-MIN-0142) [PDF, 733 KB]
- DIRA Discussion Document – Overview [PDF, 2164 KB]
- Appendix One: Vision, goals and objectives of draft National Plan of Action – Seabirds (2020) [PDF, 1050 KB]
- Proactive Release of 'Consultation on National Plan of Action – Seabirds (2020)' [PDF, 689 KB]
- Consultation on National Plan of Action - Seabirds (2020) – Cabinet Environment, Energy and Climate Committee minute (ENV-19-MIN-0065) [PDF, 689 KB]
- National Animal Identification and Tracing (NAIT) legislation changes: additional policy to protect, and secure future access to, NAIT information – Cabinet paper [PDF, 143 KB]
- Release of Cabinet Paper PRO19-0033 [PDF, 133 KB]
- Coversheet: NAIT Information Access & Use [PDF, 7724 KB]
- Coversheet: NAIT Bill Package 2019 [PDF, 14148 KB]
- Stage 2 Cost Recovery Impact Statement: Proposals to Improve Cost Recovery in MPI’s Food System [PDF, 1189 KB]
- Report of the Cabinet Economic Development Committee: Period Ended 22 March 2019 – Cabinet minute (CAB-19-MIN-0109) [PDF, 125 KB]
- Cabinet Economic Development Committee - Minute of Decision [PDF, 145 KB]
- Dairy Industry Restructuring Act 2001: Proposed Technical Amendments – Cabinet Economic Development Committee summary (DEV-19-SUB-0111) [PDF, 120 KB]
- Transfer of the dairy core database and herd improvement regulatory review – Regulatory Impact Statement [PDF, 323 KB]
- Attachment 2 Regulatory Impact Analysis PIRA herd testing regulations [PDF, 1037 KB]
Part 2, subpart 4 of the DIRA is out of date. Decisions were taken in 2014 to
transfer management of the core database from LIC to DairyNZ. This change
has been implemented in practice, but the Act itself has not yet been updated.
A DIRA Bill has been proposed for inclusion in the Legislative Programme
which would provide a vehicle for this amendment. The amendments proposed
in this paper are technical and no new policy decisions are required.