Forestry Workforce Roadshow 2020
Find out about the workforce roadshow, where it's being held, and how to register for the free regional or online events.
- Roadshow dates and venues
- Register to attend a regional event
- Register to attend the online event
- Find out about the Wellington event at the Safetree conference
The roadshow is for forestry employers
The Forestry Workforce Roadshow was held in November 2020 and will be held also in December 2020. For the first time, roadshow events are being held online as well as regionally.
The roadshow travelled to 2 areas in the North Island in November.
Boost your recruitment efforts
If you’re a forestry contractor or employer of seasonal forestry workers, the roadshow will help you with your recruitment for 2021.
The roadshow is your chance to:
- meet with government agencies and key forestry organisations to find information and tools to support recruitment
- connect with your peers
- hear what’s working well for recruiting and retaining good employees.
The roadshow will include information on:
- Work and Income’s products and services
- working with regional work brokers to find employees
- creating a safe work environment
- how to access funding for training and apprenticeships.
Thursday 19 November
1pm to 4pm
Shed 6, 4 Queens Wharf, Te Aro
(*In conjunction with the Safetree conference)
Friday 27 November
10am to 3pm
L303, Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology, Mokoia campus
The Whangārei Roadshow planned for 4 December has been cancelled due to the level of support being lower than expected.
Roadshow events are free, but you must register at least 3 working days before the date of the event.
In your email tell us what session you want to attend and if you have any dietary requirements. Morning tea and lunch will be provided for the regional events.
If you can't attend one of the regional events, you can register for the online event.
It will be held in early December between 10am and 3pm. The date will be confirmed later.
To register email firstname.lastname@example.org
Once registered, we'll send you a presentation schedule. You can choose to tune in to all or only some of the presentations.
The online event is live and interactive. You'll have a chance to ask the presenters questions.
The roadshow presentations filmed at the Wellington Roadshow on 19 November will be available on this webpage in early December.
Roadshow host and supporters
The roadshow is hosted by Te Uru Rākau (Forestry New Zealand) with the support of:
- Ministry of Social Development
- Immigration New Zealand
- Department of Corrections
- Forest Industry Safety Council
- Forest Industry Contractors Association
- New Zealand Forest Owners Association
- Tertiary Education Commission
- Forestry and Wood Processing Workforce Council
Jobs are here
The Opportunity grows here website has information about careers, training, and links to jobs available in forestry.