Sustainable Farming Fund projects
The Sustainable Farming Fund (SFF) has supported many community-led projects over the past 18 years. Here you'll find a selection of some of them, as well as successful applicants from the past 2 years.
SFF Main and SFF Tere closed to new applications
The Sustainable Farming Fund has been replaced by Sustainable Food & Fibre (SFF) Futures.
Sustainable Farming Fund
The Sustainable Farming Fund (SFF) supports applied research and projects led by farmers, growers, and foresters. In 2018, MPI provided SFF Tere to support investment in smaller SFF projects. Read about some of the first 1,000 SFF projects.
Dairy, sheep and beef
Facing up to facial eczema [PDF, 843 KB]
Bovine disease can be wiped out [PDF, 1.1 MB]
Horticulture and viticulture
Saving grapevines from trunk diseases [PDF, 757 KB]
Utilising laser scanning in horticulture [PDF, 798 KB]
Bye bye beetle [PDF, 233 KB]
Controlling crop contamination [PDF, 552 KB]
Systems fodder beet: Managing the inputs [PDF, 998 KB]
Land management and climate change
Miss McRae’s dream: Sustainable hill country farming [PDF, 2.6 MB]
Adapting dryland farming to climate change [PDF, 4.6 MB]
Getting to the heart of coast redwood durability [PDF, 296 KB]
Recent successful SFF applicants
Download lists of succesful applicants from the SFF funding rounds held in 2017 and 2018.
- Successful SFF main round applicants 2018 [PDF, 617 KB]
- Successful SFF Tere applicants 2018 [PDF, 384 KB]
- Successful SFF applicants 2017 [PDF, 282 KB]
- Additional 2017 SFF successful applicants [PDF, 133 KB]
Find out more
- SFF – 1,000 projects and counting [PDF, 4.6 MB]
- SFF – 10 years of grass roots action [PDF, 1.3 MB]
- SFF 2018 round – media release
- SFF 2017 round additional successful applicants – media release
- SFF 2017 round – media release
Has this been useful? Give us your feedback