Find reports on the performance of different primary sectors, such as pipfruit, vineyards, and sheep and cattle farming.
Find reports on:
- Viticulture (wine grapes)
- Apiculture (honey)
- Pastoral (sheep and cattle)
- 2012 Farm Monitoring Programme
What's in the reports
Our farm monitoring reports focus on individual primary industry sectors. Find a sector's:
- typical revenue
- seasonal production
- emerging trends.
Production and financial information for model Hawke's Bay and Nelson pipfruit orchards.
- 2017 Pipfruit monitoring report [PDF, 788 KB]
- 2016 Pipfruit monitoring report [PDF, 401 KB]
- 2015 Pipfruit monitoring report [PDF, 956 KB]
Get a financial summary for growing, harvesting, and marketing the crop in Marlborough, Gisborne, Hawke's Bay, Wairarapa, and Otago in our gross margin reports.
Vineyard benchmarking reports break down production and financial information in more detail for a model vineyard, and look at emerging issues for the industry.
- 2017 Variety gross margin report [PDF, 2.3 MB]
- 2017 Vineyard benchmarking report Marlborough [PDF, 3.7 MB]
- 2016 Viticulture gross margin report [PDF, 1.5 MB]
- 2016 Vineyard benchmarking report Marlborough [PDF, 1.4 MB]
- 2015 Viticulture gross margin report Hawke's Bay [PDF, 840 KB]
- 2015 Viticulture monitoring report Marlborough [PDF, 1.5 MB]
- 2014 Viticulture monitoring report [PDF, 858 KB]
The Apiculture monitoring report has information about honey production, and industry developments such as the development of a definition for mānuka honey. We gather this information from surveys (completed by beekeepers, honey packers, and exporters), export documents, the Apiary database (a national register of beekeepers), and other reports.
- 2017 Apiculture monitoring report [PDF, 2.9 MB]
- 2016 Apiculture monitoring report [PDF, 1.7 MB]
- 2015 Apiculture monitoring report [PDF, 553 KB]
- 2014 Apiculture monitoring report [PDF, 731 KB]
- 2013 Apiculture monitoring report [PDF, 711 KB]
Performance reports for sheep and cattle from our industry partners.
Information and data from MPI's 2012 pastoral, horticulture, arable, and apiculture monitoring programmes is available to download.
Has this been useful? Give us your feedback