How to report the non-conformance
Use the MPI form to ensure you include all the information we need. You can also use your own form, as long as it contains all the necessary information.
Email your report to firstname.lastname@example.org
Examples of non-conformance
You must notify MPI if the honey or bee products you have exported, or are about to export:
- aren't fit for their intended purpose. This may be due to any event which occurred or could have occurred prior to entry into the destination country (regardless of when it was detected)
- are refused entry by the government of the destination country
- do not meet, or no longer meet relevant Overseas Market Access Requirements
- do not have, or no longer have the required official assurances.
If you're not sure it's a non-conformance
The export non-conformance (ENC) guidance document and decision tree have more information about the process for animal products. They will help you decide whether the issue should be reported as an export non-conformance or not.
If you're still not sure, email email@example.com.
Get a replacement export certificate
If your products have been refused entry at the border due to export certificate errors, and you need a replacement certificate or additional official assurance, you must follow the specifications for replacement certificates in this Notice:
- Animal Products Notice: Official Assurances Specifications for Animal Material and Animal Products. [PDF, 633 KB]
Surrender the original certificate
You must surrender the original certificate before a replacement can be produced. Certificates can be surrendered to MPI in New Zealand, or a New Zealand embassy or high commission in the destination country.
Bringing exports back into NZ
If you are bringing NZ-origin animal products back into New Zealand, you must first meet the biosecurity requirements outlined in the Returned New Zealand Animal Products Import Health Standard (IHS). This includes providing documentation confirming the products were under official control while overseas.
- Download the Returned New Zealand Animal ProductsIHS [PDF, 333 KB]
Returned honey or bee products for re-export
If you intend to re-export your returned honey or bee product with an MPI official assurance, you must also be able to provide evidence that it hasn't been opened or changed (evidence of non-manipulation). Your returned product may be inspected.
You must comply with the requirements in OMAR 01/172.
- OMAR 01/172 Import of foreign animal material and products and return to NZ for domestic use or export
Who to contact
If you have questions about exporting honey and bee products, email firstname.lastname@example.org